CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

a day of firsts...

It is the First Day of 1st grade for my first born. He is going to be a the big campus this year and could not be more excited!!
Photobucket

He picked out his lunchbox and backpack in his new favorite color...RED!

Dad and Xavier on the first Day.
Photobucket

Funny story: I packed up some of Xavier's lunchbox the night before. I included a note and a joke for his first day too. Since it is a new lunchbox I wanted to be sure that the sandwich container that we used last year would fit in with everything else and when I stuck in in there, it was going to be a perfect fit. Yay! So after a busy first morning and dropping X off with no tears from either of us, I came back home and walked into the kitchen and was struck with a strange thought. I don't remember actually making Xavier's sandwich this morning....no, I am quite certain that I did NOT make it at all. I saw the sandwich container in there from last nights fit test and just zipped up that luchbox without a sandwich!! So I quickly made the sandwich and made the trek downtown once again to bring the boy his lunch. Just call me preoccupied:)   

0 comments: